Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Dark Side


The Dark Place has come to rest
I awake to numbness, then dread
Of the silence in the air and low light
The words float into my mind
My soul cannot stand the timber of the phrases
My heart cannot oversee my soul
So the activity repeats again this day
During the hour spend attempting to balance my head and mind
After an unknown amount of time, light slowly streams into the window
Again, another day has started, without my consent
I choose to ease into the day, as the phone rings
Another issue demanding my attention, propels me into the day
My worst fears are realized, or are they
Will I survive this moment and what assistance and guidance will make the moment successful
Is my fear of rejection an issue with my assistance and guidance
Does the past return to haunt my present fears, like the darkness outside the window
Maybe the darkness will ring on the telephone with a full battery charge

No comments: