Sunday, April 22, 2007

76 Degrees

Dear One,

I so understand organizing time. I have learned as of late, that this life only graces each of us with a finite amount of time. It can be used with abandon, organization, squander,...eg it is our choice what we spend our energy on and how we divide our time. I have been been asked to write another article pertaining to Shock, trauma, and grieving within a public arena. Positives and negatives. Next week, I have been asked for the second time to give a two day advanced seminar on Campus grieving and surviving violent loss in the academic community. It is timely and I as well have a friend of a friend who was murdered. I see the need and the damaging presence of media and the damage resulting to students. There is a need to be listened to, for self understanding, but continued badgering only complicates the grieve and pain. How does the bereaved(student) grieve in the mist of total media exploding and survive the scars. I was asked a while back, and now I am going to pack up my aches and pains computer and with Orr's assistance, after all he is a playwright, so I am going to organize all the pieces in a congruent frame work of two four days. The money is really good, pay off a credit card. with pocket change to buy a Armini sports jacket. And I still don't want to teach even part time, but, pitting together seminars I like. Lorrie is also the queen of presentations for hundreds all over the country. I will be on a short list of experts on trauma and bereavement. I have also been asked to sit in on a board of the Rape Prevention Crisis Center. My friend and Master Ascendant teacher has taught a masters course in Rape prevention.. eg has given me all her syllabus and all materials, plus Doctors without Boarders has started to train me, via CD/ telephone conference, written assignments, are credit worthy as well. NYU is very interested in me because of the social climate in Africa, Virgina, etc, I seem to have the skills set that plugs in. I am grateful So I will stay at Orr's to teach at NYU for 2 days and then we will come back to Syracuse. Conflicts with the pastoral at Upstate, Hospice is being a pain, and I think I might tell them to bite me. They are upset with me for being unavailable to be in a conference they need me to attend. Economics and prestige of NYU win out over Hospice of NY. I have been on the computer for hours writing and setting up the seminal, with about 25 books to interject, and a bib to give the students, and I thought I was finished with APA. HA! My fingers and arms are numb by now, Orr is being my typer. so I need to be finished by Tuesday, I have three clients, drive down to NYC and teach on Wed and Thurs, then hit Broadway Friday night and drive back to Syracuse, on Saturday. Have to go, more writing to do,
write or call me, I have the Pro Book and NYU and Orr had DSL so I'm on line and have my cell with me all the time.
L
Joe

No comments: