Sunday, April 29, 2007

In NYC and Breathing


Dear One,
Well still in NYC. The seminar went well, became one extended day. 212 students, and my first thought was bloody hell what am I doing here. Then tool a deep breath and welcomed the students. Introduced my self and was relieved how comfortable with the situation I was. I enjoyed the ability to convey information and answer many questions, the class was very vocal, and I would like to think that my relaxed attitude. I also stated this seminar was about sharing information. No test, quizzed would be given, only to try to prepare young people for the reality that at sometime they would experience loss, death and stressful/trauma situation. The dialog about Blackwood and the reality check that NYU could be a target, and how would the staff and students would react and how would they rise to the occasion. I recorded the suggestions on the clear standing board, (I want one) and after 25 suggestions, we rated the most relevant to to less relevant with heavy dialog. I was in pressed with the adult attitudes they possessed. It was a lively class and as the class seemed to enjoy the free venue, I hope they were able to thing through an emergency on campus. I finished and met Orr at St. Pat ricks for gay mass and then we went to Tibet house to visit and rest from the city NYU. Orr even sat with me for an hour. On our way home tomorrow. I have a bit of paperwork to submit to NYU about the class ,,eg and chose to leave and mail them the docs. I will try to finish them in the car ride, six hours, I can finish without rush and mail them when we arrive in Syracuse. Weather here is pleasant, a great spring, great temps We found this candle factory, and bought about 5 dozen of all kinds, mainly bees wax, and soy. many with Tibetan sense.
I feel so drained, I can hardly speak and Orr gets that. We have done very low energy things, and that's a a deal when in the city that doesn't sleep/but I am on my way to bed,
Goodnite dear one,
Love,
Joe

No comments: